Questo post è disponibile anche in: Italian
The award by Fondazione Solidalitas and ANCI goes to a joint project of two Tuscan towns: the Reusing Store in Coselli.
The winner of the latest edition of the CRESCO AWARD – Città sostenibili (“Sustainable Cities”) is a project on reusing. The award was created by Fondazione Solidalitas and ANCI to support the innovation drive of Italian cities and reward the most effective initiatives meant to promote the sustainable development of the territory and the improvement of the quality of life for all citizens. The two winners are the towns of Capannori and Lucca, which promoted the “Daccapo project” with the Emporio del Riuso (“Reusing Store”) in Coselli.
Daccapo is a solidarity-based reusing system aimed at increasing the citizens’ awareness to waste reduction through the reuse of old clothes, objects and furniture for solidarity purposes. Other partners of the project are the NGO “Ascolta la mia voce”, the Caritas association of the diocese of Lucca, Sistema Ambiente, and Ascit.
The Store of Reusing in Coselli is the first concrete initiative of the Daccapo project. The store is located next to a new ecological station, in a post-industrial location full of street art. Here, the organizing associations collect house objects, furniture, clothes, and children items, which are then given away for solidarity purposes.
The award ceremony took place in Bari during the 18th Congress Assembly of ANCI – National Association of Italian Municipalities.
In addition to Capannori, a well-known example of environment-friendly town, other cities were awarded a prize: Cantù (Lombardy) in the category “Environmental Sustainability”, La Spezia (Liguria) and Castel del Giudice (Molise) in the category “Economic Sustainability”, Milan (Lombardy) and Malegno (Lombardy) in the category “Social Sustainability”.
Moreover, on occasion of the CRESCO AWARDS, 10 Entrepreneurship Prizes have been awarded by 10 market leading enterprises which chose to support this initiative to highlight the importance of the alliance between enterprises and their territory:
● ABB: Award “Il Comune più SMART” (“The SMARTEST Municipality”) to the Municipality of Brescia (Lombardy)
● BRACCO: Award “Salute Sostenibile” (“Sustainable Health”) to the Municipality of Abbiategrasso (Lombardy)
● DNV GL Business Assurance: Award “Economia circolare e condivisa” (“Shared and circular economy”) to the Municipality of Milan (Lombardy)
● ENEL: Award “L’innovazione sostenibile dei servizi energetici in ambito urbano” (“Sustainable innovation of urban energy services”) to the Municipality of Palermo (Sicily)
● MAPEI: Award “Tecnologia e materiali a salvaguardia dell’ambiente e della sostenibilità sociale” (“Technology and materials for the protection of the environment and social sustainability”) to the Municipality of Forlì (Emilia Romagna)
● PIRELLI: Award “Mobilità sostenibile” (“Sustainable Mobility”) to the Municipality of Crema (Lombardy)
● SIEMENS: Award “Sostenibilità energetica degli edifici” (“Building energy efficiency”) to the Municipality of Cagliari (Sardinia)
● SODEXO: Award “Alimentazione sostenibile e riduzione dello spreco” (“Sustainable Nutrition and Waste Reduction”) to the Municipality of Udine (Friuli Venezia Giulia)
● STMICROELECTRONICS: Award “Smart Kids for Smart Cities” to the Municipality of Vasto (Abruzzo)
● UNICREDIT: Award “Imprenditorialità ed occupabilità giovanile” (“Youth Entrepreneurship and Employability”) to the Municipality of La Spezia (Liguria)